Data from the 2011 National Diabetes Fact Sheet ( website )
- Total: 25.8 million people 8.3% of the U.S. Population
- Diagnosed: 18.8 million people
- Undiagnosed: 7 million people
- Pre-diabetes: 79 million people aged 20 years and older.
- New Cases: 1.9 million new cases of diabetes in people aged 20 and older.
Race and ethnic diagnosis differences
- 7.1% of non-Hispanic whites
- 8.4% of Asian Americans
- 11.8% of Hispanics
- 12.6% of non-Hispanic blacks
Cost of Diabetes (2007)
- $174 billion: Total (direct & indirect)
- $116 billion for direct medical costs
- $58 billion for indirect costs (disability, work loss, premature mortality)
Don't like these numbers? Want to Do Something About It?
We are currently conducting a community research project on Diabetes and we are recruiting patient affected with Diabetes. Your help is needed. For more information Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call us at 612-216-3886
Do you know someone affected with Diabetes or do you want to join the fight, if yes please make a donation to African Health Action Corporation to help fund the community research that affects the health and well-being of millions of people living with diabetes. Your funds are put to work immediately to support our research program and help provide much needed services to people with diabetes
Users of this site are legally bound by the Terms and Conditions
. The members, admins, and authors of this website respect your privacy
Copyright © 2011 African Health Action Corp. All rights reserved.